My crazy life

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A humble and responsive heart

2 kings 22:19

Because your heart was responsive and you humbled yourself before the LORD when you heard what I have spoken against this place and its people, that they would become accursed and laid waste, and because you tore your robes and wept in my presence, I have heard you, declares the LORD.

The context of this verse is that King Josiah was read the book of the covenant when it was found and this was his response to the Word of God.

What it speaks to me today is the question: Is my heart responsive before the Lord, His Word and His will for me today? Will I humble myself before Jesus and turn to Him for my needs today?

I'd like to answer that and say Yes to both questions, but more times than not I haven't been doing that. For me this life get busy and the time to slow down and hear from Jesus through the Word and prayer is hard to find.

But I've made a committment to set the alarm everyday at 5:45, to get up and spend time with Jesus every morning. Please pray for me that I can get used to the earlier wakeup time, and that God would meet with me in a powerful way.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home