My crazy life

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sin

I ran across a quote from Tim Keller about sin today:

'Sin' is not simply breaking rules but is building your identity on things
other than God, which leads internally to emptiness, craving, and spiritual
slavery and externally to exclusion, conflict, and social injustice.



That about sums it up doesn't it. I basically believed that, but seeing it defined this way really drove the point home - That anything not of God is sin. We must build our lives on the Christ the Rock.

1 Comments:

  • I'm late to the party but a guest on the John Ankerberg TV show had the best handle I've ever heard on sin. He said that sin was not a "bucket of stuff" you could put in the middle of the floor and examine it. It was, rather, the misuse of something God had made for certain uses. It is we who misuse things, which even applied to the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

    I like this one because it's usable. Keller's isn't. It's merely an example.

    By Blogger Bob Cleveland, at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home