My crazy life

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving

Psalm 118:1 - Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.

I know I haven't posted in awhile, but things have been busy/crazy the past few weeks.

I gave testimony Sunday night at our church's Thankgiving dinner service about how thankful I was to be involved in Christian community on different levels, from being discipled, to a prayer group of 3 - 8 men, to the young adult ministry I am involved with, and finally the small cell group I am involved in, as well as my local church. I am also very thankful for my wife and stepson and how they have adjusted to life in a bigger city, and for our little one that will be here late January/early February of next year. I am also thankful for how God has brought my Mom through stage 4 lung, lymph node, and brain cancers.

So please post up in the comment section, What are you thankful for this year?

2 Comments:

  • Your blog made me thankful for a man and his book that helped me deeper understand community and God's role for it in history. I just finished studying Larry Crabb's "Connecting," and it is a very powerful read. We are built for connecting with others because we are designed out of the image of the Trinity. Jesus broke that perfect community where there was/is nothing but joyous fellowship to invite us into it. I am thankful for that.

    By Blogger Luke, at 3:57 PM  

  • I'm a little late -- about 13 months late. But one thing I'm thankful for is you. I know that sounds corny, but I'm inspired by your faith in our Lord, by your great abilities and your godly humility.

    In general, I'm thankful for God, in His providence, putting men in my life to bring me closer to Him.

    By Blogger Ray, at 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home