My crazy life

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Live blogging the Promise Keepers conference pt 2

Friday night at Promise Keepers is always awesome!

We were led in worship by the PK7 band.

Bob Reccord former president of NAMB, presented the Gospel in a powerful way from Luke 14:15-24. He said that there are 3 main things that keep us from God that are illustrated in the passage:

1) Things to achieve
2) Stuff to acquire
3) Relationships that are holding us back.

A question he posed that stuck out to me was am I so busy I have lost touch with my family or my God?

With all of the stuff in my schedule between church, work and family, I can see where it is easy to get lost in the fast paced, always on the go lifestyle that it seems I live.

It always moves me and touches me to see the men responding to the altar call, praise God for working in hearts and lives.

The president of Promise Keepers interviewed Chick-fil-a founder Truett Cathy and I could tell that he was a godly man that put God first in his life.

The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

That is great and unheard of in corporate America, praise God for men like Truett Cathy. He was given the first Transformation award. The award, a 21-inch sculpture, honored Cathy’s “lifetime of transforming family, community, workplace, and most importantly, the lives of the next generation.” The Transformation Award also references the scripture II Timothy 2:2.


We got to see Nooma video #8 - Dust, where the pastor in the video told the story and backstory of Jesus calling the apostles and Peter walking on the water.

One of the statements that stood out was that Jesus has more faith in me than what I have in myself. That's a bone I can chew on for awhile.

I'm fixing to go have breakfast and I am excited to see what God has in store for us today. I'll try to post before we leave or after I get home tonight.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! I am so excited for you! I'll go to the Gatewaylife.net site and link to this post in a comment. God bless!

    By Blogger Alan Cross, at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home